Monday, October 30, 2006

halloween stories

In preparation for Halloween, I asked the group to share stories about their favorite Halloween memories. Here are two, one is fact and one is fiction:

My Favorite Halloween, by Maryah

My favorite Halloween I was sick and couldn't go trick-or-treating. To ensure that the day wasn't ruined for me, my mom had me dress up anyway as a ghost and trick-or-treat at the bathroom door. She went out and bought all kinds of candy for me and three different wigs for herself so she'd look different each time I went to the door.

Then, when my sister's got home they all gave me some of their candy. I got more candy that year from being sick at home than I would have going out, and I didn't have to get wet! And I thought that I was just going to stay home and watch Halloween with Mom and Dad.

Dilly's Halloween, by Dilly Scott

Dilly donned her Halloween costume -- a beautiful, sleek black cat. Who would she meet? A handsome politician, a political social worker, kids that she'd given raisins to, lonely people who watched a movie that was an extension of an old fun t.v. program, some art lovers?

She danced with an important handsome man and gave him and earful of polite conversation. I love people, the planet, my family, pets, suggestions. He told his aunt she was pleasant and helpful. Dilly loved the band, she wanted the Halloween Festival to be part of harvest time so that people didn't hurt inside, feel put down, but that they wanted to go forward even with winter coming on to make the planet a better place to live come spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home