Tuesday, September 26, 2006

where i'd like to go

After I asked the group to write about where they came from, I asked them to write about where they'd like to go. Specifically, I asked them to imagine the place they'd like to live if they could live anywhere. Here is one creative response by Dilly Scott:

Dear Aunt Daisy,

Hope you survived your last adventure with flying colors. Sometimes I miss your face and "the knight's face."

I wish I could see you once in awhile. Haven't given up on having my own place. It should have a picture window, room for pets and a two car garage, just far enough from the wind and the waves to be safe. This way I could have a vehicle with fog lamps so I could help if it were necessary. I'm pretty squeamish, but I'd be there.

I'd like to find a new job soon, enjoy the rest of the summer and stock up on fake fur and a supply of cat food. There'd be cupboards all over, tables, two couches, bright colors, electric heat, stereo, writing paper and Bibles. There'd always be coffee and a microwave for a hot sandwich or tea and jelly, extra stuff. It wouldn't be too fancy, just clean.

Y'all come.

Love,

Dilly Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home