Friday, August 18, 2006

letters that will never be sent

One of my favorite writing prompts for group is the letter that will never be sent. Participants are encouraged to sit a moment and think about people they'd like to write something to. The person can be someone real or made-up, someone they know or someone they've only just heard of. And because the letter will never be sent, they can say whatever they feel they need to say without worrying about consequences. These letters have tended to be very personal and the folks who write them often choose not to share them outside the group. However, I will post the letters that people want to share periodically, starting with this one.

Dear Rachel, by Dilly Scott

Dear Rachel,

I've been in respite, I guess. There were some objections when I fell in love in 1974, 1984, and 2004 with the same guy. He's elegant in his black tuxedo and I call him "Gorgeous Guy." Had to rethink everything, but I've never minded that. It reminds me of my mom. She wasn't old inside her spirit.

I do miss all of you. Wish we could go and have coffee and doughnuts in Lincoln City and watch things go on. I want to buy a porch swing even though I enjoy doing things. I am ok, but I need a hug. Right now I'd hug the mole. Silly, but I loved the Channel 10 special. Have been feeling restless and wish I could fix eggs, onions and cheese.

I know I'll see "Gorgeous Guy" again. I have been a little tired. I'm a clean freak but I try not to encroach. Made a wish book this month. Am my usual, sappy self. I am not happy without a pet. I haven't given up. Very best to kitten and everyone.

Love,

Dilly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home