Thursday, September 06, 2007

at long last!

Writing group has been on a summer hiatus of sorts. It wasn't exactly planned, it just happened. But now we're back in effect and ready to update this here blog. Today I suggested that everyone write about a meaningful experience they had in nature. Here's what they wrote. Enjoy!

Fuzzy -- by Dilly Scott

Teddy and I walked out one morning. It was fully daylight and there was a little orange and white kitty that really did not belong at the Lambert's. It was the last nice weekend at the coast that October and I know they were anxious to go. We had two kitties but I was platonically in love and I asked him and he handed me the kitten. It was about four months old, maybe a little more, but not much. I just prayed it would be ok because sometimes Teddy pulled very hard on his leash, but he was a furry shepherd and thought we all belonged to him. Anyway, I snuggled him and put him on my dad's chest because he was still sacked out and he could not resist the little guy and there was no question about our keeping him. We wrangled a little about the name and then settled on Fuzzy.



Naturalism, by: Greatness

Many aspects of life will contrast with the artificial. Growing and learning will have been a hand in hand experience. It is not so available that a specific or unique situation should be recollected. Yet, I will share of an instance that is to allow for one to recognize of a simplistic fashion I have utilized to perceive of a non-artifical interpretation of life on an even and consistent flow necessary to maintain relevance and purpose.

The physical instance of being of healthy and functioning society or expecting to remain of such has required that any rogue opposition will have little effect to counter your goals or expectations at large when you know that simply it was not meant that your being should be subjected to trespass or harm only to satisfy the idle interloper who is not capable of meeting or exceeding your own interpretation of naturalist advantage.



Nature, by Anonymous Woman

One time when I was camping, I was like 21, and a group of us from job corps went to camp. They all started to yell for me to get my flashlight out, they were saying we were being attacked by big bobcats. I was like "no we're not" so I got my flashlight and it was a bunch of racoons! So we got up and fed them hot dogs and marshmallows. They enjoyed the hot dogs but the marshmallows were a different story. They were getting all sticky and didn't know what to do. We eventually went to sleep and the next day there was a mess with what the racoons were originally getting into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home