Thursday, December 14, 2006

in the spirit

This week at the Oasis we got our Christmas tree and finally started decorating. The tree (generously donated by a local philanthropist) is HUGE and lovely (and leaning, but let's not talk about that). The rest of the decorations are pretty nice too and, all in all, people seem to be getting in the spirit of the season. With that in mind, my suggestion in group tonight was to write about favorite holiday memories. Here's what some folks had to say.

Christmas, by Anonymous Woman

To me, Christmas is more about the giving than the recieving. It's about seeing a smile on people's faces when they open what you bought them, especially when they have no clue about what you're buying them. It's about the sparkle in a child's face when they know Santa is on his way. It's about baking and all the smells there are in the air. I was invited to a Christmas Eve party and told not to buy gifts. I'm sorry, I can't do that. I had to buy. I might struggle through the month, but just being able to give and to see the joy will be worth the struggle.



Two Favorite Holidays, by Dilly Scott

I had two favorite holidays. The Addam's Family made for t.v. movie. Gomez and Morticia seemed to have the ultimate romantic relationship where he was smitten and she cherished him and demanded respect.

The other favorite holiday was an Easter weekend. The LLD's breaks failed and we smashed into the telephone pole. I wasn't hurt hardly at all. I felt guilty for two months because it was my dad's car.

I finally scraped together $500.00 and sold the crummy exercise bike. I felt guilty about that too, but we had seven kitties and a keeshound. After dinner we watched the room shed.

Anyway, Sir Teddy, Kiki and I went up and down our large block because I'd spied a $500 golden brown Dodge. We almost wore out the sidewalk. There was sunshine, rain and snow and finally they came back on Monday.

I had the money with me and I paid it. I had to leave Teddy at the house and go there. They had two bouncing black chows. They bounced off the front window. Bruce fixed it enough to run and it was my first car. I called it "Geordi" after Geordi Laforge on Star Treck the Next Generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home