Monday, December 11, 2006

odds and ends

I was just going through my writing group notebook and I found a few odds and ends. They aren't connected by any particular themes, they're just random things I wanted to put in the blog. Enjoy.

Silver Dollar, by Anonymous Man

They surround me all the time. Lurking, mumbling, chanting, with bright yellow glowing eyes. And their black, dark, leathery skin. And their bony faces. One spoke to me the other night. It told me it could hear me panting. They bring people in. Chains and all. One victim after the next. The worst torture on could bear. I look deep into the eys of the soul being tortured as they cry out for mercy.



If I Could Do It Again, by Anonymous Woman

I wish that I would have waited to have children. At least until I finished school and had a career other than just a mom. I love each of my children but I could have so much more to ofer them. But for what it's worth, I must have done something right because I not only have three beautiful children, I also have three very beautiful, wonderful grandsons I love and cheris. I must've done ok. But I would still like to be better off financially so we could enjoy some of the better things in life. I am not done yet and hopefully in the near future some of my dreams will finally be accomplished and I can lower my standards on myself. Until then, one more day is soon approaching, so good night for me.



The Fire at the Oasis, by Dilly Scott

It was awful when we had a real fire at the Oasis. I grabbed what I could and was grateful for cute fuzzy uggs and my nice coats. I'm just getting to the point that there are better memories because my folks and I used to go all over the city at night. We only did laundry and had snacks, but I felt safe and eventually ended up waiting to drive a 409 horsepower engine car.

Anyway, the night people were great and I brought Cookie (our ginea pig) a new blanket. I like this zoo but sometimes it's unsanitary. I try to ignore things and do the best I can.

I'm still a little tired but I stood up all that time and both firemen and later the critters were a comfort with the big rigs. I feel like a horse that wants to run right down to the beach. I still want a 409 and maybe fog lamps and a kitty or furry dog. I miss Teddy, Kiki and my folks and I haven't given up on my life! I want to exercise and cook Thanksgiving Dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home